My Adventures

Before I begin this blog, I wanted you to know a little about myself and the journey to where I am today. Since I was a little girl I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I would play for hours in our basement playroom, creating activities for my two little sisters. 

Throughout elementary school each of my teachers cultivated a deeper love for learning in me. In 3rd grade my teacher was there for me through some dark times in my family's life. My grandmother was killed in an accident in September of my 3rd grade year and my kind, compassionate and understanding teacher provided a safe place for me to feel loved every day. This particular teacher would resurface in my life after college in a magnificent way.

Throughout middle school and high school while trying to find myself, many educators poured into me, encouraged me and gave me deeper perspective on life. In high school, one counselor in particular saw potential in me and encouraged me in my pursuit to be student body president. Looking back, it is incredible how much she trusted me to make decisions and lead others in my role.

In college, I began my journey as a Public Relations major, resisting the path I knew I should take, but feeling like education was not a worthy calling. After seeking counsel from many and taking a career survey, I rediscovered my true calling and started taking education courses. When I was finally able to step into a classroom again, I instantly knew that I was born to be a teacher.

After completing my degree and student teaching, I began to search for a job. One day, my 3rd grade teacher came to mind and after reaching out to her, I landed a job interview in the district where she worked. After a second interview I got a job teaching 1st grade at the school where she taught 3rd grade. We were able to teach together for two years. They were two of the hardest, most beautiful years in my career.

Fast forward six years later, I've been teaching for eight years. I've taught 1st grade and 2nd grade for the last six years. Throughout my years I've had many ups and downs and grown each year. Undoubtedly, my favorite part of teaching is looking my students in the eyes at the end of the year and telling them how proud I am of them and their growth in 2nd grade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Chrome and Google+

YouTube + Google Tools

Google Classroom + Google Calendar + Google Keep