Flipgrid Tutorial - Google Search Tips

Flipgrid

School is right around the corner and that means time for lots and lots of professional development. One of my favorite professional development topics is how to better incorporate technology in my classroom. This Adobe Spark website was created with the intention of being shared with the staff at my school. I took a leap of faith and e-mailed it to my new principal.

I have a feeling Flipgrid will be one of my favorite websites to use with my 2nd graders this fall. I am excited to report back on how it goes using Flipgrid and how my 2nd graders handled the social media website.

Here is a video of some teacher testimonials about why they love using Flipgrid in their classroom.


Google... oh Google. You surprise me daily. It is unbelievable to uncover new features on a daily basis. Did you know Google has a built in calculator? A easy way to search for movies? Or check on your flight? There is a way to only search for PDFs, PowerPoints or Word Documents! How about there is a way to refine your search and discover information about a person during a specific time period. Here's a Google Slide about how to use this feature.



Here is the video provided on the slide.

Check out this video called "15 Ways to Search Google 96% of People Don't Know About."


There are so many ways we can all be using more technology and the technology we use on a regular basis more effectively. It is incredible to think that we just know a fraction of what is out there. Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest have been my go to social media sites that help me gain new insights into this technology driven world. My goal is to always find tools that can help me be a more effective teacher and allow my students to express themselves in creative and productive ways. I have learned so many incredible tools to use.

Here are some websites to make your life as a teacher easier.

14. Remind
13. Padlet
11. Edmodo
10. GoNoodle
1. Seesaw

Best of luck to you as you begin a new school year! I know I am so excited to begin implementing so much of what I have learned with my students this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Chrome and Google+

YouTube + Google Tools

Google Classroom + Google Calendar + Google Keep